The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Cycling Team is an amateur racing team located in the Pacific Northwest. We are comprised of 75 women and men that like to race bicycles. While our primary focus is road cycling, many of our members are active in track, cyclo-cross and mountain bike racing.
- We have a passion for racing.
- We race with class, integrity and good sportsmanship.
- We talk with our legs, not our mouths.
- We race and ride safely.
- We promote the sport of cycling.
- We recognize that personal achievements take many forms that are not or cannot be reflected on a results sheet.
- We race aggressively and don’t give up.
- We appreciate our team.
- We are positive ambassadors for our sponsors, above reproach while in team kit.
- We each do our part and pitch in to do the work of the team.
- We value each other.
- We invest in our teammates and help them become the best racers they can be.
- We respect our teammates, other teams, and fellow racers of all capabilities and levels.
- We advocate for equality between men and women racers.
- We strive for a diverse team membership.
- We know all our teammates; we are not strangers in the same kit.
- We have fun together!
- Club name is Liquid Velo, Inc. Title sponsorship name is currently Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Cycling Team.
- We are a non-profit 501(c)(3).
- Our roster is 75 riders maximum.
Team Membership Requirements
- Ten races per year. For first year racers, this includes five road races.
- Support at least one of the team races.
- Attend 2 team rides per month over the winter (October-February).
- Attend quarterly team meetings.
- Adhere to team values.
- 2004 – Women’s only team of Starbucks associates seeded with corporate partnership club funds.
- 2008 – Ride for a Reason men’s team merged with Starbucks women to create a co-ed team.
- 2008 – Seattle Cancer Care Alliance joins as a co-title sponsor.
- 2012 – First “home grown” Women road Cat 2s.
- 2013 – First “home grown” Men road Cat 2s.
- 2013 – Team sends a squad of Cat 1/2 racers to a National Race Calendar Event, Cascade Cycling Classic in Bend Oregon.
- 2017 – Seattle Cancer Care Alliance becomes sole title sponsor.